POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : the umpteenth time: removed features :( : Re: the umpteenth time: removed features :( Server Time
29 Jul 2024 14:18:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: the umpteenth time: removed features :(
From: Anders K
Date: 15 Jun 2002 13:17:03
Message: <3d0b768f@news.povray.org>
> Too bad... I liked that nifty ^
>
> I'd like to plead its case, but obviously there was already exentsive
> discussion about it and I missed it... Could anybody kindly point me to
that
> discussion ?

http://news.povray.org/3cf11123@news.povray.org

I think Thorsten's main argument was that changing it would supposedly make
expressions like x*-y illegal, even though I see no reason that should be
the case. After the parser sees 'x*', it should be expecting a new
expression, and when it sees the '-' it shouldn't care whether unary '-' has
lower precedence than '*', right?

Anders